AdWords provides a financial lifeline for most businesses, large and small. Finding helpful methods to manage PPC networks (i.e. AdWords and Adcenter primarily) are few and far between. Sure, there are numerous consultants out there more than prepared to cut into your profits, however the minimum contracts and fuzzy promises probably have kept you from taking the bait.
While there are certainly many AdWords PPC “celebrities” on the market who may have oversaw PPC campaigns of either great size or number, I battle to imagine anyone who has poured the constant daily hours within the last 7 years as I have. Toiling over the best way to refine and optimize campaigns, ad groups, etc. to have even a.5% improvement has become my entire life as it directly correlated to how big my paycheck and success in our business. There hasn’t been a single person at Google or outside Google which has successfully provided a suggestion or found a chink in my structure, yet there were many people who have said “wow- I never thought of accomplishing that before”.
So with regards to giving AdWords tips for those who get in touch for ideas, 10 away from 10 times I could claim that their problems stem from a single of five issues.
1. Poor account structure – Structure doesn’t take into account like products, demographics, network, or geography.
2. Mismanaged or under-managed bidding – Adwords causes it to be really easy for individuals to obtain lulled into default bids, AdWords despite its efforts at automating needs active management.
3. Inadequate ad testing for Ad text – Ad text optimization is really a tricky business. Furthermore successful ads become less successful with time, the criteria and binding the landing page is essential – much more so in 2011 than ever before as quality score is playing a huge part in a campaign’s profitability.
4. Poorly mined keywords – Keywords are definitely the currency that creates PPC work. AdWords provides great tools for researching keywords, unfortunately, they may be fragmented. Besides CTR, cost/conv., impressions, match type and clicks; you can find elements including assists, search funnels, negatives, ROI, view-through conversions. These less understood elements are what makes AdWords profitable and accounts need constant help to optimize.
5. AdWords not aligned with website landing page – Few are a graphics designer, me included, but you will find basic approaches which everyone can use to improve your conversions. Bear in mind a strong CTR x strong Website Landing Page = maximum conversions.
Getting conversions profitably isn’t quite as basic as Google leads you to believe, but in case you are diligent and actively manage your campaigns, considering the account structure, bidding, ad testing, keyword mining, and website landing page optimization I can guarantee you will be on the path to recovery. AdWords help is only a message away.
PPC optimization is vital to sustain success using Google Adwords. Below we touch upon many techniques to optimize your campaigns for better profitability.
Understand Keyword Match Types
Although an elementary concept in Pay Per Click advertising, understanding keyword match types is essential to be successful. Google fails keyword match types in three primary ways: Broad, [Exact], and “Phrase” match.
In Google search, a wide match could times be extremely broad. For instance, for any keyword phrase like “Kids military uniforms,” underneath the broad match setting, your ad could be triggered for searches like “childrens army suit” or “youth navy uniform.” Essentially, broad match is very broad, so ensure you really know what you’re engaging in if you wish to leave keywords as broad (without “quotes” for phrase match or [brackets] for exact match.)
Using exact keyword matching by around the keyword phrase in brackets will make sure that your ads are only triggered when internet search engine users submit that exact phrase, and absolutely nothing else. By utilizing exact xrnyuh matching, you can better minimize wasted impressions from broad searches and minimize budget-sucking click-throughs.
Because exact phrase match might neglect to display your ads for searchers that you simply actual do want to capture, a fantastic option is utilizing modified broad matching. Modified broad is simply placing a ” ” symbol directly before each keyword (without space) that you want specifically mentioned in a user’s search query. The ” ” symbol makes sure that this word, and merely very close variations (like plural and singular variations) are what trigger your ads. So if we bid on the keyword ” kids military uniforms” our ad will still be displayed for search queries like “kid military uniform” or “kids military uniforms for sale,” not “childrens navy uniform.”