There are plenty of video resources in a lot of formats at this point, and you need to convert these to some certain format so as to play them on some certain device. You should select a video converter first. Because most video converters are similar at the first look and those applications normally have a lot functions featuring in common, it is sometimes complicated to make a decision. In fact, there is never your best option however, there is always the most suitable one to meet your needs.
Here we list 5 essential features of video converter software in accordance with most users’ needs and also you might want to have a look when you are interested in a video converter.
1) Support almost all input and popular output video formats – The very first thing you should learn is whether the video converter supports the input formats that you will be converting from and the output formats that you are currently converting to. The supported input formats should contain just about all video formats while the supported output formats should include most of Video Converter. For example, Sothink Free Video Converter supports AVI (DivX, XivD), MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, TS, FLV, SWF, ASF, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, VOB (VCD), and DV. That will most likely be enough.
Most video converters also support audio, and often the formats ought to be MP3, WMA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, MKA, FLAC, WAV, AIF, and AU.
What’s more, since the hi-def video came, the video converter had better support H.264 HD video conversion, too.
2) Support popular multimedia devices – To actually and perfectly play videos on some multimedia devices, especially HD devices, you need to convert video to improve format and appropriate dimension, zoom mode, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, and so on. It does not be required to know those professional details when you purchase some video converter that automatically set all related properties to find the best and directly convert video in your desired target device. Just check out whether or not the video convert software supports iPad, iPod, ipod itouch, iPhone, iPhone 4, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 Console, Zune, Wii, Blackberry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Google Android, Nexus One, Samsung, Motorola, etc.
3) Support trimming video to clip – Because you convert files from some source video or audio, you can definitely trim the files to the part you actually need. Many video convert tools support trimming video to the desired clip and many of them even support cropping. Whether you can easily trim can also be important. Directly setting the start some time and end period of the trimmed clip is going to be great.
4) Support batch conversion and convert fast – Those are time-saving features that comes in handy if you have many video files, especially big files, to convert. You can easily learn if the video converter supports batch conversion. However, how about converting speed? Check that if the converter supports multi-CPUs and multiple threads. When it does, it probably converts fast. And Sothink Free Video Converter even supports automatically shut down, sleep and hibernate when video conversion task dcouwr finished. It really is yet another excellent feature time-saving.
5) User friendly – A few of the video convert products are of wizard interface while some offer Microsoft Office style. Whatever the application is, it ought to be easy to use and user-friendly. That is to express, the video converter you decide on should cause you to only have to click instead of to type. In addition to thinking or doubt. All converting configuration had better be automatically set and also you never must know the details.
What’s more – There are also a number of other features that one could consider when you are searching for in a video converter, as an example, in a position to preview, support image output, etc.